Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Took a trip to the hospital

Last night we had to take a trip to the labor and delivery department at the hospital. I'd been sick the past 2 days and was feeling really dizzy and lightheaded and felt like I was going to pass out when I stood up. So I called my doctor and they said to go to the hospital because it sounded like dehydration. So we got there and they took lots of blood and started me on IV fluids. The baby was fine though all of this and was kicking and moving around like usual. He kept kicking the baby heart monitor they had strapped on to my stomach! I don't think he liked it very much! LOL. Thankfully I was also not having any contractions which was a good thing since dehydration can cause contractions. They said I had a virus and after 2 huge IV fluid bags and 6 hours later they let me come home. I'm feeling lots better today except for a very sore arm from the IV. They put it in on the side of my wrist which I'd never had done before and hope to never have to again! Thankfully it all ended well and the baby is doing great.

1 comment:

Jennifer Terrero said...

I'm so glad you and the baby are okay and things worked out okay for you. Get some rest.