I'm not sure if everyone is aware or not, mostly because we didn't really tell anyone beforehand, but our baby boy is a miracle of modern science. After a very long time of trying to have another baby, and a couple pregnanices that ended too soon, I went to the doctor to see if there was anything we could do to help mother nature along a little. He prescribed Clomid, a fertility medicine that helps you ovulate. I have PCOS (poly cycstic ovarian syndrome) which basically means you don't ovulate like you should and your ovaries produce a lot of cysts. After two unsuccessful rounds of Clomid I was sent for a HSG test where they shoot dye into your uterus to see if you have any blockages or other problems. Thankfully the test came back good but the doctor said that the test can "flush out the cobwebs" in there and make it easier to get pregnant. My dosage of Clomid was increased but still the next cycle was unsuccessful. Right after starting my fourth cycle on Clomid (my second month on the higher dose) I went to a Reproductive Endocronologist to see if they could be of further assistance. They do IUI's (inter uterine inseminations) and IVF (invitro fertilization), etc there. The doctor there told me to come back the following month after auntie flo had arrived. Since I had already started my 4th cycle on the Clomid she wanted to wait until the next month to start fresh with something new. Well I took the Clomid that month as prescribed expecting another unsuccessful month. A few weeks later I was laying on the couch and Kiley came over to me and said "mommy you have a baby in your belly". Low and behold a few days later I took a home pregnancy test and she was right! Happily I called to cancel my follow up appointment with the specialist. There is an increased risk of multiples with Clomid but I figured since my mom is a twin and Tony has twins and triplets in his family we were already at greater risk!
Anyway that is the story on how our baby boy came to be. Nine more weeks until he is born!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think your SUPER brave for telling your story! I cant believe that in 9 more weeks your little one will be here!
Post a Comment