Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Eventful couple of days

Well it's been an eventful couple of days!

Sunday morning I woke up thinking I was in labor. The pain and pressure was so bad it felt like the baby was going to fall out of me. So I called the OB and they basically blew me off saying it was probably just the way the baby was laying. So after a few hours passed and it wasn't getting better I knew something was wrong and called to let them know that I was going to be checked at the hospital. So we got there and everything with the baby was fine....his heart beat, no contractions, and I wasn't dialated. All good signs. After about 3 hours of waiting they finally said I had a urinary tract infection. So far I'm not liking Magee hospital very much! They are EXTREMELY slow. So they started me on antibiotics for that and I'm feeling better, thankfully.

Then around the same time I realized that my toe was REALLY hurting. I had cut my nails a few days before and had an ingrown toe nail (YUCK!!!). Well it got swollen, red, and infected. So I called the podiatrist and made an appointment.

Fast forward to today. I had my podiatrist appointment and it was NOT fun at all. They confirmed it was infected and said it would need cut out. Well they tried to numb my toe unsuccessfully. It took 6 shots of novicane for it to work. Most normal people it only takes one shot. Let's just say that was NOT pleasant!!!!!!! And anyone who knows me knows how much I hate needles! So after many, many shots of novicane it finally numbed and they were able to cut it out. Now I'm all bandaged up and can barely walk. I have to have it checked again next week so hopefully it will heal.

Today I also had my regular OB appointment. I'm going weekly now. Everything was good. Next week they will start doing the internal exams (Fun!) so that's something to look forward to! :o( As of right now baby Tyler is scheduled to be born November 24th unless he decides to come earlier on his own or for a medical reason.

Other than that nothing much is new with us. Tony is off on vacation this week and Friday is Halloween and my birthday (the big 29!).

Happy Halloween!

No comments: